Thomas Tax Services

Licensed to Represent Taxpayers Before the Internal Revenue Service

BA - Western Illinois University
Enrolled Agent
Certified Management Accountant
Authorized e-file Provider
Licensed to Represent Taxpayers Before the Internal Revenue Service

Professional Memberships:

National Association of Enrolled Agents
Arkansas Society of Enrolled Agents

Location - 614 Mena Street, Mena, AR 71953

Mailing Address - P O Box 587, Mena, AR 71953

E-Mail Address -

What is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a tax professional that has passed a rigorous examination in tax laws and procedures. He is licensed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service for audits, collections and appeals

How can an Enrolled Agent help me?

Enrolled Agents advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled Agents' expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.

Are Enrolled Agents required to take continuing professional education?

In addition to the stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires Enrolled Agents to complete 72 hours of continuing professional education, reported every three years, to maintain their Enrolled Agent status. NAEA members are obligated to complete 90 hours per three year reporting period. Because of the knowledge necessary to become an Enrolled Agent and the requirements to maintain the license, there are only about 46,000 practicing Enrolled Agents.

What are the differences between Enrolled Agents and other tax professionals?

Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation. Enrolled Agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the U.S. government (CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states).

Click for Mena, Arkansas Forecast

Phone: 479-394-0002   Fax: 479-394-0002